Music Makers at
4 1/2 to 6 year olds
Music Makers at Home is Part 1 of our curriculum designed to bridge the gap between earlier musical play classes and the groundbreaking Music Makers at the Keyboard. In Music Makers at Home, activities are presented in a developmentally sound, playful manner; the focus is on learning through process rather than performance. The children love exploring music and instruments through their natural interest in the world around them!
Throughout the year, we will be doing a wide variety of “hands-on” activities designed to build a strong musical foundation through:
- Drumming & percussion instrument play
- Developing the singing voice
- Movement, both creative and structured
- Building the necessary listening skills to lead to long-term success in instrumental study
- Beginning the process of playing in ensembles along with learning about
- The first steps in reading music
- The songs, stories and sounds from the world of nature in four environments:
My Home Place, Woodlands, Cattail Marsh, and Meadow
Classes meet for 70 minutes weekly, for 30 weeks, and begin only in the fall.
Parents/caregivers join us for the last 10 minutes of each class.
Tuition is $644
per year ($322 per semester); add $14 for late registration after August 9.
(This Includes 4 CDs, tote bag, binder,
poster/folders, instrument pages & notation games)